Monday, November 6, 2017

Thankful in 2017 - Days 5 & 6

love spending each November taking the time to be thankful for my life. This year, I decided to do a blog version instead of just posting my thoughts on Facebook.

Days 5 & 6 - Musical Community

Yesterday was our annual celebration at the music school. It is a wonderful showcase concert of the various talents of our students, faculty, and community. The day always reminds me how amazing our musical community is. From each person who performs to each person in the audience, we are connected by our love of music and support for the music school.

And then there is the fantastic staff I work with. All of us work to create this musical celebration, and this year topped them all! The performances on stage were amazing and the reception after was more than I imagined. When the opportunity to be part of the staff of a non-profit music school came my way three years ago, it was a tough decision to leave my public school teaching position. Three years later, it is still the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment