Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thankful in 2017 - Day 1



I love spending each November taking the time to be thankful for my life. This year, I decided to do a blog version instead of just posting my thoughts on Facebook.


Day One - My Family


It seems cliche to start with being thankful for my family, however here we are. I was thinking how today is la Dia de los Muertos and how I have family members who are no longer with me. This does not diminish the impact they had on my life; it only intensifies how grateful I am they were a meaningful part of it. 


Lessons from My Grandparents: spend time with family, be there for your family member, work honestly, love unconditionally, no one leaves hungry, homemade is heart-made, all time together is quality time, silence can be comforting, and back scratching is heaven.

Lessons from My Dad: humor works wonders, girls can do anything, crying is normal, a "boo" can be the best sound during applause, follow your heart, boys suck, and a bag of crunchy Cheetos can cure most ails.

No comments:

Post a Comment