Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thankful in 2017 - Day 2

love spending each November taking the time to be thankful for my life. This year, I decided to do a blog version instead of just posting my thoughts on Facebook.


Day 2 - My Sons


Sometimes frustrating, always loving, my boys are my world. They are opposite from each other, and in some ways opposite from me! But it works in some mystical, magical way.

The older one is my quiet, thoughtful guy... except when he chooses to be LOUD! He is officially a tween-ager this year and is keeping me on my toes. I never know where our conversations will end up, and I am often left wondering if I answered his questions appropriately and adequately. Some days, real life is too real and I wonder how I can possibly guide him through these teenage, chaotic years while protecting the caring, sweet boy he is. So far, we have a wonderful relationship and I hope that survives the next few years.


The younger one is my artistic, talkative kid who tests my patience with how many times I can hear "...and also, Mom..." in one day! He dreams big and has even bigger emotions, which is wonderful and challenging in many different ways. He is always doing something creative and wears his heart on his sleeve. I love listening to him sing in the shower... it's a free show multiple times a week!

Although there are days where I just want ONE HOUR of peace, I would not want my days to look any different than they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment